Friday, January 4, 2008

Epiphany Editing...

Here's what I wrote in my Two Sentence A Day Blog.

Spent most of the day editing the epiphany video, after a melt-down call to Michele, I decided to attack it again, so the kids (still enmeshed in Harry Potter) and I went back to Malone where they listened to the final battle between Harry and Voldemort and Dumbledore (not FINAL final -- remember, we're only in book five) and I continued to craft the "epiphany" moment in the video sequence.


By this time, I'm feeling okay about the actual images. I don't love them, and I wish I had invented another way to shoot the candle, but I also have started to like how the two seperate images interact with each other.

At this point, my panic is starting to focus on the difficulty of timing the whole thing to correspond with the service. How could I not have thought about the awkwardness of having ceilings scroll by during prayer and hymns? And those things are so improvisational!

After a long phone call with my brother in which I eliminate the possibility of mixing the two images live (like a DJ, cueing one than the other and fading it live), I decide that I'll try to make the best of having the images unfold in concert with the liturgy.

No comments: