Sunday, January 13, 2008

Render, Wait, Wait, Compress, Wait, Action, Cut, Wait, Wait, Bur...no Wait, Okay, Now, (Wait), Burn.

Here's a compressed version of how I spent almost my entire day (from my two sentences a day blog):

My day alternated between coaxing my epiphany video to render, compress & burn (16 hours from when I first stepped into the room until when I finally left with a DVD), and hanging around waiting at the TV studio, trying to keep the kids both calm and happy as we waited for Addison's shooting.


The actual edits I made, a few more fades between jarring transitions, and then extending the still image for an hour and twenty minutes at the end of the presentation, these edits were simple and NOT time consuming. I had completed the edits themselves in less than half an hour. The waiting afterwards was more than a little frustrating.

Oh and did I mention that after waking at 5, arriving by 5:30, working for three hours and leaving it rendering, and checking in at ten, I checked in at two and found that a student had shut it down, with an apologetic "oops" because they thought someone had just left it since Friday. WHAA?!?!!

2 comments:

Bill Rudd said...

pTo the degree I understood...I really liked the comments about academic scholarship/research.

Bill Rudd said...

To the degree I understood...I really liked your comments about scholarship/research.

And...the art!!!!